A few things:
1. Please welcome our guest blogger, Rebecca! She will introduce herself soon and will be posting updates on Monday as soon as she receives them. She will likely create one master post on Monday and continue to update it throughout the day.
2. It’s Blue&Green day! Are you wearing blue and/or green? Will you send us a picture?
3. We will receive the exact time for our surgery later today from the pre-op department. We are fairly certain that my surgery is scheduled for 7:30am. That’s when I’m scheduled to be wheeled into the OR. The surgery itself will probably start around 8:30am. Derek’s surgery will begin sometime after that.
4. Both surgeries will take approximately 4-6 hours and will obviously overlap. It also might be awhile before updates appear on the blog. Check back periodically.
5. We will both be in recovery overnight Monday and pretty out of it until at least Tuesday afternoon. Derek might spend additional time in recovery and he might not. In other words, it’s a bit in flux at this point. I am hoping to be able to update the blog as soon as I am able.
6. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we’ll do our best to answer!