I’m bamboozled at the price of bananas. How can they be so cheap when they’re grown so far away? Imagine how much gobsmacking happened when I got a package of over-ripe bananas for 19¢ a pound yesterday! In my world, they’re still acceptable for eating, but then again, I’ll eat a banana at any ripeness. Logan twisted my arm into making some banana bread with half our banana bounty.
Adapted from The New Best Recipe Cookbook.
10 ounces flour
4.5 ounces sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed with a fork
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 beaten eggs
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 ounces chocolate chips with a bit of cinnamon or leftover chocolate from an earlier recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
3. Mix dry ingredients together and wet ingredients together.
4. Gently mix wet ingredients with chocolate and dry ingredients.
5. Put into floured pan, and place into oven.
6. Cook for 55 minutes.