Before I outline my request for music help, it’s time for another Birthday Shout Out! It’s my pop’s birthday today, so let’s all wish him a very happy birthday. Here are a couple of Throwback Thursday pics of the man himself. What a ridiculously cute dad, don’t you think?
In the early days of this blog, we talked about making a transplant playlist. That was fun and all, but I’d also like to put out a request to you, our dear blog readers, for music suggestions that aren’t necessarily transplant related.
Music has always been a faithful companion for me and while I have an idea of a playlist I might make for myself, I would love to hear your suggestions. The way I see it, I’ll need a variety of playlists:
- One to help me calm down
- A fun playlist to motivate me to go on those necessary healing walks
- A rocking jam playlist to help me deal with the pain of having my insides remodeled.
Here are some insider tips for what I might like or not like:
- I don’t like modern country music. But old school Dolly Parton is pretty awesome. (Fun Fact: In 2nd grade I listed my favorite song as “9 to 5”.)
- I like classical music, but I’m a novice. I don’t really know what kind I like, so I’m pretty open to suggestions.
- Phil Collins makes me want to tear my hair out.
- I like jazz, but certain jazz musicians tend to make me anxious and jittery. I’m thinking specifically of John Coltrane’s experimental phase.
- No James Taylor–do not get me started on my disdain for James Taylor.
- ‘Jam Bands’ are not my jam.
Alright, so that was more dislikes than likes, but I’m pretty open. Except for James Taylor. I am not open to James Taylor.